The update on the James Turner III & Margaret Fulk Turner history is now ready!
Lois May Rhodes and Pat Turner Ritchie combined forces to update the generations and uncover more information on the Turners.
This update of Goldie May’s 1977 Turner book (little blue book) focuses on the ten children of James and Margaret: Catherine Turner Barrix, Mary Turner Fitzwater, Isaac Turner, Susannah Turner Roadcap, Sarah Turner Orebaugh, Josiah Turner, Amanda Turner Byrd, Daniel Turner, Benjamin Turner, and Naason Turner. It also contains:
- Hundreds of photos and old Turner documents and letters that were handed down in the family.
- Color dust jacket designed by cousin KB Getz of Broadway,
- 850 pages, indexed.
- Identified photo of the 1939 Turner reunion at Fulks Run.
- Notes on the Frankforter family, Christian Fulk family, and an outline of the James Turner I family branches.
- Hunting stories from the 1890s written by famous bear hunter Adam M. Turner.
Books are $40 each. Purchase from Lois Rhodes, 13728 Turleytown Rd., Broadway, VA 22815 (call first at 540 896-2683), or at Fulks Run Grocery (Turner Hams), Fulks Run.
For mail orders, contact Lois by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org ; they are $45 which includes shipping.
Please feel free to share this information with your family.
We thank you for sharing your family data and photographs with us and for your encouraging words over the years. We’ve been working on this labor of love since 2004 and are pleased to share the final product with you.
Lois May Rhodes & Pat Turner Ritchie